A Test Bed of Innovation
Seat Pleasant sits as one of the staple Smart Cities in development seeking established companies, startups, investors, and entrepreneurs who have created technological solutions to some of the many issues we face in communities today. We invite you to the "Smart City of Excellence" to catalyze your business ventures today.
Smart City V.I.P. Digital Transformation
The Center For Government Synergism (CGS) digitally transforms cities into V.I.P cities. Using 4 Key Pillars, Smart City technology can help municipalities and cities in a variety of ways and has the potential to address all of the common challenges identified by city leaders across the state of Maryland. Transform your capability to engage, analyze, optimize, build and network with our partners.
View an Interactive Map of Opportunity Zones, Hub Zones, and Other Tax Incentive Designation Areas. Once in PG Atlas, select the "layers" button in the top right, then select administrative, then the incentive designation of your choice.
Smart Cities Certificate Program
Seat Pleasant and Prince Georges Community College have partnered together to construct a Smart Cities Certificate Program in the means to diversify and educate industry professionals. Download Course Summaries for more information. Visit the Prince George's Community College website to enroll today!
Education & Workforce: Institutions, Degree & Employment Snapshot
- University of Maryland - 9 miles
- Howard University - 8.8 miles
- University of Maryland University College - 4.6 miles
- Prince Georges Community College - 6 miles
- FORTIS - 5.3 miles
- Commuter: 100,000 commute every day each way in and out of the city
- Baltimore Washington - 28 miles
- Regan National - 12 miles
- Dulles International - 46 miles
- Metro: Blue and Silver Lines, served by 2 stations: Addison Road and Seat Pleasant Capitol Heights
- Call-A-Bus: Call-A-Bus is a curb-to-curb city service that provides transportation services available to all residents of Prince George’s County